The Canon Pixma MX496 is a compact device with a level top that still integrates a 20-sheet Automatic Paper Feeder (ADF). As is common nowadays, a section of the top cover folds over to supply the paper feed plate for the ADF. The left side of the top cover is a control panel composed of membrane buttons. These might not be rather as easy to use as a touchscreen, yet the clear and easy to run. Behind the switch, variety is a two-line by 16-character mono LCD. While this could be very restricting, it's been smartly utilized by Canon to present some images and ink balanced, as well is to scroll standing messages.
|Canon PIXMA MX496|
The Canon MX496 Setup, the two cartridges for this printer, is a workout in awkwardness compared with many various other printers. The black (PG645) and also color (CL646) cartridges should be pressed into the print head, which is available by dropping the front door, and you have to crane your neck to make sure that you could see it. The cartridges don't enter smoothly, though they are an overview of where they have to go, and you have to use any force to get them to click right into the area. A beep of the printer will let you know if you have achieved success. You're taking a look at reported running price of regarding 26 cents each web page (without the cost of the plain paper). If you print full-page files, and documents with a great deal of graphics, this yield be reduced. If you print pictures, it will unquestionably be much lower.
The Canon PIXMA MX496 For wireless networking, Wi-Fi Protected Configuration (WPS) is supported. It must theoretically permit you to link the printer to your network by pushing the WPS switch on your router, then by striking 'OK' on the printer's control panel. This did not help us in all after five efforts, yet it was comfortable adequate to only allow the printer search for our wireless network so that we can select it and afterward enter our password. It took less time (concerning a min) to set it up by hand than it required to wait on the printer to inform us a WPS connection could not be established. When you have actually got this printer linked to your system, you can do things such as print from a phone or tablet working the Canon Inkjet Print app (which can be made use of to link other settings such as Flickr, Facebook, and Dropbox), along with set up solutions such as Google Cloud Print so that you can print Google Own web content from any Internet-connected computer or tool.
The PIXMA MX496 at 8.8 ppm as the monoprint as well as 4.4 ppm for color. Neither speed is exceptionally fast, although the mono price isn't too confident. We saw 6.7 ppm for our five-page mono examination print, rising to 7.5 ppm on the 20-page paper. Including paper to the printer is likewise difficult. The input tray, which holds 100 sheets, lies at the base of the printer, and it doesn't come out completely. Instead, it appears only part of the way to make sure that you could see the paper guides to position your paper correctly. Then you ought to apply some force to obtain the paper tray back right into the printer to gain sure that the review acknowledgment can start. Each time you restore the plate, you need to verify exactly what kind of paper you have inserted.
Also, recommend: Canon PIXMA MX476 Driver Download, Wireless and Manual Setup
Canon PIXMA MX496 Specifications:
- PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS
- Print Resolution: Up to 4800¹ x 1200 dpi.
- Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (BK, CL).
- Inkjet system with 2pl (min): ink droplet size.
- Mono Document Print Speed: Approx. 8.8 ipm.
- Colour Document Print Speed: Approx. 4.4 ipm.
- Photo Print Speed: Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 70 seconds.
- Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, LTR, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm).
- Two Sided Printing: User Manual.
- SCANNER SPECIFICATIONS
- Scanner Type: Flatbed & ADF.
- Scanner Resolution (Optical): Up to 600 x 1200 dpi.
- A4 Scan Speed: Approx. 15 seconds.
- Maximum Document Size: Flatbed: A4, LTR (216x297mm), ADF: A4, LTR, LGL.
- Optical Character Recognition: Yes.
- Scanning Depth (Input / Output): Colour: 48 bit / 24 bit, Greyscale: 16 bit / 8 bit.
- COPIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Copy Speed - Colour Document: sFCOT: Approx. 28 seconds, sESAT: Approx. 3.6 ipm, sESAT ADF: Approx. 2.7 ipm.
- Multiple Copy: 1 to 99 pages.
- Copy zoom: 25-400%.
- Print functions: Document Copying, Photo Copying, Fit-to-Page Copying, Borderless Copying.
- Print quality settings: Fast, Standard, High.
- FAX SPECIFICATIONS
- Fax Type: Super G3 / Colour.
- Fax Resolution: Mono: up to 300 x 300dpi, Colour: 200 x 200 dpi.
- Fax Speed: Mono: approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps), Colour: approx. 1 min. (33.6kbps).
- Fax Memory: Up to 50 pages.
- COMPATIBLE INKS
- Standard Ink Cartridges: PG-545 (Black), CL-546 (Colour).
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges: PG-545XL (Black), CL-546XL (Colour).
- INK YIELDS: BK (Pigment Black), Black: 180 pages, Black XL: 400 pages, CL (Colour - CMY), Colour: 180 pages, Colour XL: 300 pages.
- Testing standards: ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 color document pages, Values obtained by continuous printing, Estimated supplemental yield.
- PAPER SUPPORT
- Paper Types: Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501/GP-601), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101).
- Maximum Paper Input: Max. 100 sheets of plain paper, Max. 20 sheets of photo paper.
- Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 13x18cm, 10x15cm.
- Paper Weight: Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon photo paper up to 300 g/m² (PT-101).
- Interface Type - PC / Mac: Hi-Speed USB (B Port), Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password, Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz.
- Interface Type - OTHER: PIXMA Cloud Link (from smartphone / tablet).
- Canon PRINT app: Canon Print Service Plugin (Android), Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, Access point mode.
- Supported Mobile Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT, Minimum System Requirements, Windows: 3GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8, Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5, Display: 1024 x 768 XGA.
- Software Included: MP Driver including Scanning Utility, Quick Menu, My Image Garden, Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher).
- PHYSICAL FEATURES
- Display Type & Size: Full dot LCD display.
- Automatic Document Feeder: Up to 20-sheets.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): approx. 435 x 295 x 189 mm.
- Weight: 5.9 kg.
Canon PIXMA MX496 Compatibility Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 (including Windows 8.1 Update), Windows 8
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only)
- Note: For Windows, NET Framework 4 or. NET Framework 4.5 is required.
- For Windows XP, XPS Essentials Pack is required.
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 to Mac OS X v10.10
Canon PIXMA MX496 Driver and User Manual Download
|MX496 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|MX496 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)|
|MX496 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|MX496 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3 (Mac)|
|MX496 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.85 (Windows)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.10 for Linux (Source file)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.10 for Linux (Source file)|
|MX496 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)|
|MX496 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)|
Above owner of Canon Setup Driver has listed you much of drivers to download, if you found a broken link, can contact us at the form we provide. Thanks
How to Setup and Install Canon PIXMA MX496 Driver:
Follow this steps to get the installation instructions to setup a driver
- Open up driver download documents that you've completed downloading.
- Then, extract the files that have remained in the double click.
- Comply with the complying with actions as well as the setup procedure will begin automatically.
- After the installation process is full, then you have the ability to print with your favored printer.
- Do not forget to check Canon printer USB cable connected to your computer system.
How To Uninstall Canon PIXMA MX496 Driver:
This is a guide for uninstalling the driver!
- Visit Start Menu after that chooses Control Panel
- Click Uninstall a program
- Then double click on the printer driver you want to delete.
- Click Uninstall then your printer driver will certainly be immediately removed.
- Then restart your computer to finish the elimination procedure.
Canon PIXMA MX496 Wireless Setup:
- Make sure that the Canon MX496 printer is turned on.
- After the power is on, the POWER lamp (A) will be lit.
- Press the Setup button (B) on the Canon PIXMA MX496 printer.
- Use the < or > button (C) on your printer to select Wireless LAN configuration.
- Then press the OK button.
- Your printer will automatically search for compatible wireless routers.
- Select the method that matches the screen displayed on your PIXMA MX496 printer.
- If the Push Button Method screen is shown on the printer, but you are unsure if your wireless router supports this technology, press the Stop button.
- After that step is complete, you can use a wireless connection to print more project of your job with Canon MX496.
How To Scan Canon PIXMA MX496:
- From the Go menu of Finder, select Certificates, then double-click the Canon Utility folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.
- Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears in the menu bar, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.
- Select your scanner or printer from Scanners.
- Select the Bonjour service style set to your scanner or printer. When Bonjour is disabled, the MAC address of your scanner or printer appears.
- Click OK.